On formula development......

     Here is a special I made a couple of weeks ago using an ingredient combination that I find myself  using over and over again in different variations. The combination of a soft poached egg combined with a crispy pork product and some sort of acid component is most definitely a match created by the great goddess of food Edesia, this combination will remain in my repertoire for 2 simple reasons.  The first one being that it's delicious if properly executed and even if not well prepared you have to be trying really hard to mess it up. The second reason is due to its versatility and adaptability to the seasons. Below is a special I made a couple of weeks ago using the same basic formula inspired by fall. I took a simple poached egg and paired it with crispy Serrano ham and sherry vinaigrette. These components by themselves are great as is but I took it one step further by incorporating some seared royal trumpets and roasted cipollini onions that I picked up at the local farmers market early on in the day. I also made a hearty bisque out of the mushrooms which I poured table side.  I finished the plate with some fresh oregano, crispy parsnip, and chives. There's nothing wrong with keeping things simple but one of the things I enjoy about cooking is the ability to take a couple of components and develop them. By pairing them with other ingredients you can enhance and showcase the original dish. Here are some pictures of the finished product.....

Comments